My Review for "Me Before You" Book 1

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I start reading this book only because I saw everyone else talking about it but after I saw the trailer for the movie (that was what pushed me to start reading it right away). Well deserve five stars although I am sobbing right now (I have not cried this much over a book since I read Alegiant).

Lou Clark has just lost her job and her family together with her boyfriend Patrick are pushing her to take the only available job that comes to her. The moment that she accepts to be a care giver for Will Traynor her life is not going to be the same anymore. At the beginning the relationship between her and Will is very cold until one event changes everything (even the way that she sees him). Patrick becomes obsessed with working out not giving her too much attention but being jealous on Will (to be honest I was praying to break up with him very fast so she can start to have a relationship with Will as normal as it could have been)

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT IS VERY HARD FOR ME TO WRITE A REVIEW FOR THIS BOOK WITHOUT GIVING ANY SPOILERS OUT.

If you loved The fault in our stars trust me you would not want to miss this book even though it will break your heart into pieces. Actually I am very proud of myself that I hold myself together until Will said: "No Clark in not enough... This is not enough for me", that was when I start sobbing like a little baby. Why do they have to do this to us (don't get me wrong I understand you cannot put yourself in his shoes or say that it can help him in anyway because of the person he used to be before the accident and now he is not in control of his own body), why can he at least try to give Clark a chance (in the book at least). I died when he said "Not much that makes me happy anymore, but you do" because that was the moment when I understood everything but that does not mean I am not broken now.

I am afraid to go see the movie now but what do you guys say should I go?


         

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead and watch the movie. I saw it a few days ago and loved it, even if it broke my heart. As I haven't read the book, I couldn't tell you how much it follows the plot, but I personally really loved it.

    ReplyDelete